Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wednesday - it must be Texas


The short story is, is that there really is no weather story from Wednesday.


We drove from Colby, KS to Amarillo TX. That does including passing through Oklahoma. One thing we can all say, is that there isn't many trees. It is possible to do a 360 view and only count 2 trees. Impressive when you think that the horizon is almost 15 miles away.


Highlights from yesterday. Fedex came through and I picked up my package at the Kinko's in Amarillo. We did a detour to the Cadillac Ranch (a must see). And, not that I'm trying to sound sexist, but I did notice a blonde lady about 5'5" wearing white flip flops who came out of the truck stop we were in and then jumped in her Rig (ie: 18 wheeler towing a pup) and took off down the interstate. That is just something you don't see every day.


Weather wise, we were hoping to get to some possible storms to the SE of us, but they just didn't pop and likely were not going to do that until about 2am. Sooooo... that meant a stop at the Big Texan (http://www.bigtexan.com) for dinner.


Now, at the Big Texan, you can eat for free. That is if you eat their 72oz steak, shrimp cocktail, salad and don't forget the bun all in 60 minutes. Just as we arrived, 3 guys got on the stage to give it a go. All 3 were denied. When we checked the 'who done it' board, we found out that some 70 year old lady who barely broke 90 pounds, did it in about 35 minutes. At, that was just this week.
We have been a little internet challenged here at the Super 8 here. Increadibly frustrating once you go into geek mode and analyze how they set up their wireless. What a mess. I thought of pulling a 'Skunk' (some of you will know what I mean), but I just didn't have the energy. I can get some internet if I stand with my laptop in one hand and my right foot in the bathtub. What a joke.....
Today, we head north back into the panhandle of OK. Wish us luck.


No comments: