Monday, June 4, 2007

Sunday June 3rd - success


We had great success today. Although we only got to within 18kms of the Tornado, we could see that it wa a big one. It only stayed on the ground for a few minutes and likely would have produced significant damage had it been near a populated area.

Then, as the wall cloud approached, I managed to get some pretty good shots of this anti-cyclonic rotation. I'm trying to assemble them into a movie and hope to have that posted shortly.

Ron is absolutely amazing with his ability to get us this close. You have to imagine the forecasts that come out daily from the SPC are very broad in nature. You can drive for days in each directon with the forecast area. For him to get this down to just an intersection is amazing.

Today's pictures start here. http://portcredit.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=14&page=6.

You'll see that I'm getting more and more daylight pictures with lightning in them. However, I also managed to get some dust on my camera CCD. Hopefully I can clean that off while I'm on the road.

No comments: